How to choose a pet shipping company
Here at We Move Pets, we have tried to cover every conceivable situation that might arise during the transport of our passengers. Whether you choose We Move Pets or another pet mover, let us help you in suggesting some questions that we are often asked about animal transportation.
Tips on choosing a pet transport company
Asking the following questions to prospective animal transport services will help you determine the best choice for you pets. We Move Pets strives to make your pets' trip an safe and enjoyable ones.
For the sake of your pet, do your homework.
- Are you licensed by the USDA?
- Do you have references?
- What are your health requirements?
- Is there room in your vehicle for the caretaker to walk among the crates?
- How often do you exercise and potty the dogs?
- How often do you change the bedding and clean pens.
- Do you administer medications?
- What is your policy if the animal should need medical attention in route?
- What is the maximum number of animals you transport?
- Can I remain in contact at all times during the transport?
- Can you help me find a reputable kennel at pick-up or delivery point if need be?
- Have you made contingent arrangements in case of emergency i.e. engine trouble, flat tire, bad weather etc.
- Is your vehicle completely climate controlled. (even when you are not traveling)
- Will my pet ever be exposed to vicious animals?
- Do you handle each pet individually? (Never exercise animals together)
- Is the vehicle open so that the driver can view the animals at all times?
- Will you show my pet the love he/she is accustomed to?
- Approximately how many transports have you made?
- What do you do with the pets while the driver sleeps?
- How much advance notice do I get before pick-up and delivery?
If you have any question about the shipment of your pet or special accommodations, please don't hesitate to contact us!